My life and adventures, travels, thoughts and random (or not so random) celebrity encounters. And music.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Holidaze pt 2

Ok, so I can't seem to tell this blog site which order in which to post my posts, so it's backwards. This one is part 2 - seems my first post was too rich in beautiful, meaningful, rich content (photos) for a mere single post. Ok, we're continued...or starting.....whatever.

Here's Mark & me. LUV him. Luv Larry too, but Larry wasn't there. If you happen across naked photos of Mark, someone's looking for them.







Here I am with Mike Schwedler. Photo's off-center, my fault. My self-shot ego had clearly gotten the best of me.





Ok, so can I take a moment now to brag about all my friends & family? Well, indulge me. It's worth it.

My family. Ohmygoodness they're the goofiest. If you could only see "The Card". I'll have to publish that story at my b-day I guess. If I do say so, it may be worth the wait (till October. 23rd, if you're marking your calendar. Gift certificates for Travelocity or Amazon would be great, thanks!) And I long ago on this blog mentioned the big "JFK" (the movie) saga, which really is a great story even tho' the ending isn't so Camelot-esque. Movie-worthy in itself, if I do say. But anyway....

And what a year this has been for the Vercruysse side of the family. One we'd not like to repeat, thankyouverymuch. For the most part, anyway. We had a wonderful Bright Light in the birth of little Stella Renee, to my cousin Matt and his wife Heather (recounted in a previous couple of posts). Prayers have been answered for us, but keep 'em comin' nevertheless.

Can I just say how much I love Laci? A beautiful woman, great friend, and the best chiropractor in Terrell. To that I would add Dallas. I know she sure helped me when I needed her!

Frank. My bro'. My bud. Making a living as an artist. In DALLAS? Are you kidding me??? Well, he pulls it off. While everyone else is writing off Deep Ellum as history, his gallery has been kicking ass for over a year now. No small feat, I assure you.

Frankie. My bro's boy. Hence, my boy. I've watched him grow up and become a truly talented musician. This kid's going places, mark my words. (I said that about LeAnn Rimes about 10 years ago....)

Broose. My other bro'. Goodness, so talented a song-crafter. Performer. Fine artist. I'm certain we've traveled many lifetimes together.

Michael Jerome. Well for cryin' out loud, he's the most brilliant drummer. Ever. Toured and recorded with some of the most respected artists in the music industry. Richard Thompson, Blind Boys of Alabama, Charlie Musselwhite, John Cale, and many club-level acts and bands of which he was a bona-fide member, including one of my all-time favorites, Pleasure Club. But what matters most is that he's such a cool, sweet, great guy. And a doll of a wife!

Mark Sonna. Successful boutique retailer in Deep Ellum for some 11+ years (and a couple years as "a chain" with another downtown Dallas store) - a Herculean effort, one that met with great success, until Mark's theatrical career suddenly begat a life of it's own, at about the same time that Larry had to relocate to care for his ailing father. So the tide turned, and now there are websites searching forMark's nude photos. Now I ask you, what higher compliment can one expect? (Well, who's asking for YOUR nudies??) :)

Mike Schwedler. We met when we were introduced by Ken Bethea of Old 97's, who Mike managed at the time. I subsequently interned for Mike briefly while he was managing them. It was great, because I witnessed first-hand a band that had organically grown it's fan base to the point of being the subject of a bidding war between major record labels. That's the template that I became fervently convinced that all acts should follow, but most are not so (1) smart, and/or so (2) fortunate. (The 97's subsequently recorded 2 records for Elektra, then moved back to a smaller label. And so it goes.) I so love that we have kept in touch. Every time we talk, we try to think of how we can work together. One of these days, Mike!

I had such a blast seeing you all! Until next time........xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

PS - and this doesn't even include my friends who I so love that I wasn't able to take pics of (oops!), or even see over the holidays....... Tom, Kay, Kristen, Pam, Tony, Chad, Paul, Dawn (survivor! you go girl.). Lord a'mighty, but I am so blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home