My life and adventures, travels, thoughts and random (or not so random) celebrity encounters. And music.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wow

I'm still in shock. I can't believe the voters really - FINALLY - came out in force and gave the middle finger to Shrub. Well, that's how I view it, anyway. The Dem's have control of the Senate AND the Congress, AND Rumsfield resigns, all in one day. More than I ever expected, but definitely what I dreamed of and prayed for - thank God! Woohoo!

Now we have to just make sure that the Dem's don't screw it up, because they've been such (forgive my language) pussies for the last 6 years.

Prior to today, I had been thinking of my next favorite slogan/bumper sticker. I think I like "Real Patriots Vote". Bitch all you want, but you truly cannot be a patriot unless you participate in that most American of institutions, the democratic process. Because the right to vote, the right to have a say in your country's government, is sacred, and it's what thousands, if not millions, have fought and died for throughout the centuries. It's what keeps America the Land of the Free, and a government by the people, for the people. May God bless those who have, for the last 4 years or so, served this country with horrendous leadership and insufficient armor, training, information, supplies, and support. They are the ones who today have both won and lost the most. Now it's up to us as citizens to ensure that those who serve are now properly served. Keep paying attention, and keep raising your voice to your Congressmen and -women.

I dedicate this post to all in the U.S. military, especially my dad, a Coast Guard vet, my dear friend Kay's hubby Tommy (Navy), and my co-worker Winsor, a 10-year Army vet, who confirms to me that Rumsfeld's resignation is a good thing. Here's hoping a changing of the guard is a real change for all those who are serving in this Mess O'Potamia.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a day? It makes me pretty excited for the future, and especially for '08, the best is yet to come.

10:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roses are red
violets are blue
all those people in the red states
are now feeling blue.

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home