My life and adventures, travels, thoughts and random (or not so random) celebrity encounters. And music.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Fall-La-La-La-La

I love Fall.

I love Labor Day, back-to-school, and the start of pro football season, because all those things mean that Fall is close at hand. When I lived in Texas, all these signs meant that there was a light at the end of the Brutal Summer tunnel, even tho' said light was usually still a good 2 months away. But here in Santa Fe, if Fall is not quite yet here, at least Summer is behind us.

I have mixed feelings about Santa Fe, but the weather here is spectacular.

And this year I intend to follow football like I did when the Cowboys ruled in the 90's. I say this to myself at the start of every season, that I'm going to pay attention, to know the teams and their records and their starting players, all that basic stuff. But then I always slack off and don't pay attention and by the time the playoffs roll around I have no idea what's going on and who to root for.

What's the big deal, you ask? Well, did I mention that I'm from Texas? Plus my dear departed Grandpa was a sports writer early in his journalism career. He had no sons to coach or play catch with. I guess my mom (the eldest) felt the need to be a part of this important part of his life somehow, and so became something of a sports fan, and in particular a Cowboys fan. I can recall as a kid on Sundays watching my mom pacing up and down in front of the TV, smoking like a fiend, and cursing the Cowboys out loud.

So this year I'm back on track - gonna pay attention. Which means I should be watching right now, as there's a couple games in progress.

Go Cowboys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home