My life and adventures, travels, thoughts and random (or not so random) celebrity encounters. And music.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mixing It Up

My friend Pam's birthday was recently, and as part of her gift I thought I'd create a mix cd for her. It had a bunch of different songs from different bands, some that conjure up fond memories ("Dance This Mess Around", B52's, "Dancing Barefoot", Patti Smith), some I know she just likes ("Show Me", Pretenders), and some that I thought maybe she hadn't heard but might like ("Laura", Scissor Sisters, "Shout! You're Automatic", Pleasure Club). It was great fun thumbing through my (ever-incomplete) collection, finding stuff I'd forgotten about, finding stuff that made me think "oh, yeah, that'd be perfect!", and then choosing specific tracks, because of course I just could not make up my mind.

Then for my birthday, also recently, what did my homegirl Kay give me? That's right. A mix cd.

I decided to create Pam's cd while doing one for myself, which I have unofficially titled "Decompression" - good music for a bad day. It has stuff from Coldplay, Rolling Stones, Patti Griffin, Damien Rice, many more. I have to say, it's a great cd, and I listen to it often, bad day or no. In the couple of hours it took to make these mix cd's, I came up with a list for at least 5 more, some for decompressing, some for rawkin', etc. Who knows where this may lead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home